Followers

Monday, April 21, 2014

Clean & Simple

Eureka Stamps has a new challenge and this week it's "CAS ."  I have used this great image "15302 Tree" and I have done something a little different this week.  I used a masking tape technique.  So the first thing I did was to tear off 3 pieces of my tape, one for each color of ink.  Then I placed the tape over each ink pad and rubbed across it with a finger.  I made 4 A2-size cards from 1 sheet of card stock so I knew about where I wanted my color to be and placed the inked tape on the cardstock and rubbed across it with my finger again.  Pulling the tape off to reveal the color.  After the ink was dry I was ready to print the image.  Again I printed 4 images and sentiments in the desired area.  After cropping the white cardstock I layered it with the coordinating colors and no other embellishments.  I thought this image worked great for a lot of  different cards and I choose to do sympathy and graduation.   I actually made a dozen cards it went so well.  I used Stampin' Up ink in Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, and Soft Suede and the cardstock is the same colors.






Come join our challenge this week.  Thanks for looking and have a great day.  I will be entering these cards in the following challenges...


10 comments:

  1. Karal what a lovely tree stamp!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really love that stamp... I love the distressed look!! Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are just beautiful & totally perfect. Your background turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting way to add the background colour!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea for the masking tape. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'll have to pin this so I can find it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow totally awesome! love the CAS look with this image! It's perfect!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards, Karal ! Love the soft color combo and that tree stamp is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining in our "Easter or Pastel Colors" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight. We're honored that you chose to participate. We hope to see you again next challenge and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very classic card, Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!! Your background behind the tree adds the perfect detail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using CarRental8 you can get cheap car hires at over 50000 locations across the globe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...