Followers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrate Today

This card is one I just had to try.  I had seen the card on Tami White's site  http://stampwithtami.com/  It has a clear embossing ink that is heat set and it gives it the distressed look.  You can go to her site for her full instructions.   Mine is a little different.



I did the full background using SU En Francais stamp with Versa Mark Ink and Clear Embossing powder.  Then went over the whole area with Early Espresso Ink on a sponge and wiped away the extra color.  The SU Inspired by Nature stamp was used but instread of stamping it in ink, it was colored with SU markers directly on the stamp.  When all is colored you give it a couple breaths of moist air to refresh the stamp and it gets the resist from the embossing too.  I added the SU sentiment and I am pleased.  I have found the OWH site (Operation Write Home) and this will be one of the first cards I am going to donate to that cause.  Thank you for taking time to look and have a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. i haven't seen this technique before & it's really stunning. I'll have to try it when i have some time. It makes a really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...